Click the link below to download it from Ravelry. You do not need to be a member, as it will download as a PDF.
This is more of a tutorial than a pattern, a highly adaptable and customizable scarf.
- medium weight 4 yarn/1 main color (A) and 1 to 3 accent colors (B, C, D)
- J hook
- yarn needle
1. Gauge is not important for this project.
2. This scarf can be done with a single color or multiple colors. I have done them with a color pattern of A B A C A B A and A B A B A B A and A B A C A D A.
3. Chain an even-numbered length (includes the turning chain). You will want an odd number of completed stitches. You will always end with the A row, but you can make the scarf narrower or wider, but ending with an odd number of rows for symmetry.
single crochet (sc)
Ch even number of chains to desired length with color A.
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 1/sk 1, sc in next. Repeat from * to end, changing to color B in final st. Ch 1 and turn.
Row 2: sc in 2nd ch from hook. *sc in ch 1-space, ch 1/sk 1. Repeat from * across to last st. sc in last st, changing to color A final st. Ch 1 and turn.
Rows 3-6: Repeat Rows 1-2
Row 7: Repeat 1 and FO.
1. Cut multiple strands (2-4 strands per tassel) of yarn colors to twice the desired length of tassels, enough for 4 tassels on either end.
2. Fold yarn in half and insert hook from back at the end of each color A row and draw yarn loop through.
3. Pull loose ends through loop and tighten.